98SE | Windows
2000/XP/2003/Vista | MAC
OS X | Linux 2.4
Welcome to the Windows 98SE trouble shooting section.
Please select the most relative issue to your problem.
1. My Computer does
not recognize the POCKETEC drive
2. I cannot safely
remove the POCKETEC drive
3. When the POCKETEC
drive is connected, my computer freezes
1. My Computer
does not rocognize the POCKETEC drive
Let’s start by narrowing down
- Plug in and turn on the POCKETEC device.
- Right-click on the MY COMPUTER icon
- Select the Device Manager tab
- Look under the UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS
- You will have a USB 2.0 Storage Adapter listed
- Double click on the USB 2.0 Storage Adapter. (Don’t
have this device listed? Click
- In the USB 2.0 Storage Adapter properties window,
read what the DEVICE STATUS says. Below are the 5
most common messages. Click them to see the corresponding
device cannot start. (Code 10)
drivers are not present, not working properly or not
installed. (Code 28)
device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
device is disabled.